Coffee Shop Ministries
A new approach was needed to an old question! Christianity has long been a contentious subject and so we decided on a different approach so that all types of people could engage with committed Christians online and "off-line", meeting in coffee shops on Sunday mornings:
- Development of a responsive platform CMS website, UX, graphics and technical back-end
- Copywriting, social media strategy and automation
- Branding and design of marketing assets; brochures, leaflets, posters, cards etc.
- Production of material to help satellite coffee shop ministires
- Completed a book to help encourage new believers to read the Bible
Click here to visit #ask about faith
Online Community for Business Owners
Since the beginning of 2014 this niche project has attracted over 10,000 new visitors spending up to an average of 12:36 minutes on site in September. The project included:
- Development of a CMS website, UX, graphics and technical back-end
- Copywriting, social media strategy and automation
- Public speaking at seminars and networking events
- Meeting with senior local government officials and business owners to gain support
- Writing a book to accompany The Standard which will be published later this year (2014)
Click here to visit The Standard
B2B Financial Services
I created the entire ‘go-to-market’ strategy for this UK start-up to launch an online B2B Financial Services SaaS platform for SME borrowers and major lenders. I presented the plan and budget costs in Germany where it was immediately approved. The digital marketing brief covered the following:
- Specified and implemented end-to-end business infrastructure and fully integrated marketing automation solution including:
- ION Interactive Landing Page Platform
- Net-Results Marketing Automation
- Salesforce CRM
- Zendesk - Voice, Chat & Email Customer Support Platform (iPhone & iPad Integration for Users)
- Robohead Marketing Project Management Solution
- Other software; Social Oomph, Crazy Egg, Qualaroo, Vimeo, Wistia, Mailchimp
- Translated and remodelled existing EU company web site, working closely with the software development team in Germany to simplify the User Experience for the UK market.
- Developed separate dynamic blog site including copy, graphics and technical back-end
- Structured seamless touch-points for users of PC, tablets and smartphones users
- Designed and Implemented dual use company video/Powerpoint presentation for face-to-face meetings and online
- Established “tone-of-voice” via branding and content strategy
- Responsible for all advertising decisions, banner placement, copywriting and PR direction
- Facilitated presentation/meetings, radio interviews and public speaking
- Management: Two direct reports (UK & GmbH), No.10 marketing related contractors & No.5 technology contractors
- Provided advice and guidance to Directors throughout project including weekly and monthly analytics reports
Achieved first deal online of £3m in ten weeks.
Events & Venue Hire
Felin Geri is an events start-up business based in West Wales that hires out its premises for weddings, parties and outdoor events.
- Marketing to B2B & B2C
- Defined and executed first phase business development / marketing plan including:
- Market Research
- Social Media
- Affiliate Marketing
- Designed, created and produced CMS web site including all copywriting, graphic design and art direction
- Defined and managed technical back-end
- Creative input throughout contract to deliver a “ready-made-business”
- Created an online events booking process that achieved the first enquiry after two weeks of website going live
- Implemented first phase automation using auto responders for newsletter data capture
- Provided consultancy to Directors throughout project
Emergency GPS Mobile Phones
Geonovo manufactured a simplified (small form) emergency GPS enabled mobile phone for lone workers, vulnerable individuals or elderly people with Alzheimer’s disease.
My brief was to establish a new digital presence, orientate the new sales team members and re-establish links with resellers. In addition I presented a new digital marketing strategy to the board of directors and main investor. The plan was agreed.
- Marketing to B2B, B2C, Resellers, Channel Partners and their sales teams
- Created digital online and offline business development infrastructure using magazine, direct mail, Landing Page, Marketing Automation and CRM
- Created online and offline digital infrastructure using magazine, direct mail, landing page, marketing automation and CRM, mobile marketing strategy, QR codes and email campaigns
- Designed and implemented corporate and eCommerce CMS web site inc template redesign, images, copy, web journey, usability (UX), SEO, SEM, A/B testing and conversion optimisation strategies
- Prepared company presentations and created induction & training program for new sales team
- Advised on investment strategy at board level using iPhone Apps as main driver and helped review company business plan, cashflows, P&L
- Prepared presentations & scripts for Chairman, CEO and sales team for investors, partners, resellers and customers
- Created the induction & training program for new sales team
- Provided internal support to members of staff, interviewed and engaged interns and liaised with necessary media industry suppliers including creative and technical activities
Seeing an opportunity, I designed an iPhone App to complement sale of the main product and produced submissions which won an industry award (TSA Crystal Awards - Best Innovation 2011).
Marketing System for SMEs
A start-up project to create a collaborative marketing system and framework for SMEs
- Developed main web site including Registration, Subscription & Payment and Automated Affiliate Management
- Designed and project managed development of CMS website inc copywriting, graphic design and art direction.
- Designed, created and produced promotional content (Banners, Adverts, White Papers etc).
- Defined and managed technical back-end, specifying the software components required, working with developers.
- Repurposed a Social Network platform to act as the main Registration Platform.
- Integrated Member Registration with Subscription payment platform and Marketing Automation.
- Designed and project managed development of Group web Site for members.
- Designed & produced fully operational demonstration web site incorporating click-through tutorial.
- Auto responders for email & newsletter delivery
- Infographics, brochure design and copywriting
- Produced the business/marketing plan & three years financials
Financial Services Group
As a start up, everything was needed to establish their presence in this voraciously competitive market.
- Created the ‘go-to-market’ strategy and partnership ‘tone-of-voice’
- Create CMS website inc graphics, copywriting, content and registration
- Personalised URL, direct mail and video campaign for lead generation resulted in winning additional multi-million pound pension
The brief was to establish a marketing department and redefine the marketing strategy for the business.
- Build on their direct mail and lead generation activities
- Copywriting for general content, sales letters, sales pages, web pages and newsletters
- Redesign website and UX
Telecoms & CRM Consultancy
This business provided specialist Voice over IP (VoIP), CRM and voice recording solutions.
As a start-up I developed one of the largest independent ecommerce websites in the UK along with an online quotation and services booking system. I established a multi-touch marketing strategy which consistently secured new business resulting in multiple high-value long-term telecoms contracts achieving over £5m in revenue which represented a massive ROMI.
- Devised an online voice recording demonstration site, used to close business for major financial services companies
- Integrated FrontRange (Goldmine) CRM & voice recording to manage in/outbound telesales for quality management
- Management: Five Direct Reports, External Reports: Marketing No.3, Technical: No.1–No.15
A start-up directing a sales team and small group of developers to create an extensive ecommerce and telecoms web presence.
Activities included a multi-touch lead generation campaigns using email, direct mail, mini websites and PPC strategies which resulted in 500% increase in new telesales appointments.
My consistent sales & marketing strategies achieved “Reseller of the Year” in 1997 and 1998
Office Technology & Interiors Reseller
Start-up business selling and project managing all manner of office related installations, from print room sized photocopiers, LANs and telephone systems to complete office refurbishment.
Direct selling via a team of six to eight sales people to large firms of solicitors, housing trusts & hospital trusts and financial services.
Other activities included: Direct mail, Exhibitions, Telesales, Cold Calling, Magazine/Display & Radio Advertising.